Monday, February 1, 2010

My last custom project for 2009 was a wedding party; the wedding dress itself and 6 bridesmaid dresses. I have known Kim (the bride) for years, in fact she modeled in my very first fashion show in 2003. Half anxious, half excited, I decided last minute to drive to Fond Du Lac, WI to help Kim and her bridesmaids get dressed, and to make sure everything looked perfect for her special day.

You would think that I would be able to relax once the dresses are done and out of my studio, but for me, the nervousness does not actually pass until the event the dresses are made for is over. And on the other hand, it's very rewarding to actually see your creations in the special moment they are made for. Being able to experience such a happy affair makes all the hard work and extra hours worth it :)


I asked my friend Amelia to tag along and photograph the process. Amelia is new to photography...I believe she has only been shooting for 6 months or so and has no formal training, but there is a softness and sweetness in her photographs that I really enjoy. I have never worked with her before, and in order to make it as low pressure as possible, I asked her to shoot whatever comes naturally for her....





To see more of Amelia's work, please visit http://www.ameliacoffaro.com/

I would also like to mention Kim's wedding photographer Libby who has some beautiful images up on her website: http://www.studio32.photographyblog.com/ . (the couple is Kimberly and BJ, blog post Jan 9).

No comments:

Post a Comment